I am looking for an experienced BI Manager for one of my logistic clients in Rotterdam,
About the Team
The IT department (24 FTE) is primary based in the Netherlands with part of the team (6 FTE) in the UK. The cluster IT Operations, Architecture & Security, BI Platform & Data Management, Customer & Supplier Solutions, Connected Sites & Workforce, Transportation Management & Sales and Finance & HR work together as one team to support the growth and international expansions and in realizing its objectives.
The Manager BI Platform & Data Management reports directly to the Group ICT Director (CIO).
About the Role
The Manager BI Platform & Data Management is responsible for designing, developing and modifying the data management strategy, - architecture and - infrastructure, support the business requirements and expedite data analysis and reporting.
Keywords: Assertive, Knowledge of Data management. Connecting people, Handson, Supply Chain knowledge.
Your responsibilities include:
- Lead, manage, develop and work together with a team of 3 Data Analysts.
- Develop and implement an innovative and ambitious Analytics & Data Management strategy, including fit for purpose technology tooling.
- Drive continuous operation and reliability of the data management infrastructure.
- Provide technical oversight for integrating new technology or new initiatives into data standards and structures.
- Ensure data management plans and operating instructions for complex business systems and architectures.
- Responsible for availability and quality of the BI platform and the outcome of standard reports and dashboards.
- Ensure the integrity, confidentiality and security of all datasets.
- Ensure that company’s data is stored, managed and analyzed correctly.
- Manage the necessary governance to the process so business analysts can trust the information presented in the reports and dashboards.
- Facilitate the business analysts by supplying a BI environment where they are able to combine data from different sources to analyze, synthesize and visualize it in a way they want within the right authorization (self serve).
- Lead and participate in various local and international BI platform & data management projects.
- Keep up to date with the latest BI developments and integrate those into the strategy and processes.
- Bachelor / Master in Business Economics, Information Technology or related.
- Experience (minimum of 5 years) in managing IT transformation, and rationalization projects/ programs in an international environment.
- Excellent leadership skills and you make sure your team is able but challenged. Coaching and energizing your team drives you as much as achieving the business objectives.
- Strong analytical mindset and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough and proven understanding of the principles of data management and administration.
- Experience in leading or participating in international ICT projects and proven expertise in business intelligence and data management.
- Sound knowledge of Azure SQL, Power BI, Data Warehousing and Performance Management.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Proactive and a strong drive to constantly improve and achieve results.
- A team player who drives co-creation and is able to engage others.
- Strong drive for personal development; high level of learning agility and flexibility.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, written and verbal.
What they offer:
They offer you an interesting and challenging position with a high degree of responsibility in a growing and informal organisation. The role offers opportunities for personal development and we offer competitive employment conditions.
Please apply for this vacancy by sending your cv and a short motivational letter to Paul Wilkens (email@example.com).
If suitable I will get in contact with you.