The DNA of this company is (clean) energy and data science. They are a start-up company from Amsterdam helping energy companies to make the energy transition towards a cleaner energy future more affordable. Currently, they are looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer.
Always wanted to work for a start-up? Then keep on reading.
Your role as Senior Data Engineer:
Your focus will be on deploying containerized applications to the Kubernetes cluster, monitoring and improving them. You will work on custom Redis-backed streaming data pipelines and help develop in-house Python machine learning libraries responsible for data sourcing/cleaning, systematic experimentation, and model training/prediction. Next to that, you will diagnose any (performance) issues in API or database, batch prediction workloads, streaming pipelines, or other parts of the distributed application infrastructure.
The company is a clean-tech start-up from Amsterdam. Their goal: Create great software and algorithms that accelerate the energy transition. They do this by using machine learning and cloud technology to provide data services to energy companies. The company is small and agile and they aim for scalable products.
You will be part of the platform team, and help all other teams achieve their goals. You will help them with tricky problems, and make sure ML workloads, API backend, and streaming data infrastructure run smoothly. You’ll be the right hand of the CTO and indispensable to everyone else.
- MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience;
- 4 years work experience in a professional software engineering environment;
- Experience running containerized distributed applications, preferably with k8s;
- Using a Linux environment on a daily basis;
- Experience using modern CI/CD systems and best practices;
- Understanding of web application/API development;
- Extensive experience using Python.
What they offer
- Work in a clean-tech scale-up that has an impact on the environment;
- Year salary of €75.000 - €90.000,-;
- Build a cool company in a highly motivated and entrepreneurial team;
- Low hierarchy and quick decision making;
- An open culture where learning quickly is key;
- The most modern stack (all their microservices run natively on managed Kubernetes), epic CI/CD (all reports have automated testing and deployment set up), all code has documentation and more best practices.
Does this job description bring a smile to your face? Then don’t hesitate to contact me for more information.