Database AdministratorSee all jobs
The database administrator is responsible for structuring, storing and making data accessible using database software. A few of the tasks of a database administrator are:
- Database design
- Implementation of database software
- Data migration
- Database security
- Database backup and possible recovery
A database administrator often brings a wide range of skills:
- Theoretical knowledge of databases
- Designing databases
- Knowledge of the database management systems themselves, such as for example Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, MySQL, IBM DB2, etc.
- Knowledge of distributed computing, such as the client-server model
Database administrators have generally completed an IT or business administration study. This is supplemented with specialist certificates while gaining work experience.
Looking for a challenging database administrator vacancy? View our overview and apply directly!
Friesland, also known as Fryslân, is a unique province in the Netherlands. The ice-skating province with a dialect that many Dutch people see as a language on it's own, is a beautiful province that is rich in nature and water landscapes. Whether you want to work in a beautiful city such as Leeuwarden or Heerenveen, Friesland is a recommended province in the Netherlands.