Are you a Data Engineer that gets excited when he/she is asked to rebuild a data platform? And do you want to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest? Currently we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join a tech scale-up in Amsterdam.
Your role as Senior Data Engineer
As senior data engineer you are always up for a challenge, and you start with helping your company rebuild their data platform in Google Cloud (GCP). Together with your data colleagues you make sure that data is easy to find, easy to use, and trustworthy. This means that all components in the data stack are deployed, and maintained with code, tested, monitored, and clearly documented.
You are responsible for the health of the data platform and data pipelines, but your job does not stop here. As a data engineer you will also facilitate the deployment of new data products (e.g. machine learning models or data monitoring systems), and make sure that they are maintained, and can be used by other teams.
The company is a tech scale-up from Amsterdam with an ambition to become the number one destination for everyone who wants to do more with their money. Their mission is to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest. Currently they have three platforms, that are built for long-term investing, short-term trading and for buying and selling crypto.
The company is growing at a rapid pace and expanding the global team (38 nationalities and counting) with offices in Amsterdam, London and Cyprus.
- Proactive, self-starting, can-do mentality, team-player;
- Experience with SQL, relational databases, and one or more programming languages (Python);
- Good understanding of data modeling techniques (e.g. data vault and Kimball), and best practises of data warehousing;
- Experience in delivering big data and machine learning solutions in a cloud environment (preferably GCP);
- Experience with building data pipelines in distributed environments with technologies such as Kafka and Spark;
- Experience with containerization and automation solutions in cloud environments (e.g. Docker/Kubernetes, Airflow, etc.);
- Nice to have: Working experience with dbt and Snowflake/BigQuery.
What they offer
- Work in a tech scale-up with 30+ different nationalities;
- Year salary of €70.000 - €75.000,-;
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months;
- Employee option plan;
- Company pension plan;
- Company laptop;
- Travel allowance;
- A1 dutch language course for you and your partner;
- Working from home allowance.
Interested? Then don’t hesitate to contact me for more information.