Are you looking for a great job in an international environment? And do you want to work for one of the leading online platforms in Europe? Then you might be the data engineer my client in Amsterdam is looking for.
Currently they are growing their Data Engineering team with two Data Engineers.
Your role as Data Engineer:
You will join the Data Engineering team, where you are responsible for supporting the existing platform as well as creating new components and building POCs, and for all steps that are required to ensure stable runs in the production environment. You need to be able to perform large scale data mining, verify data integrity as well as to transform it to various formats requested by stakeholders in order to support their operational work, using the best tools for the job.
- Proven professional experience (above +3 years) handling big data pipelines, data warehouses, or other (preferably distributed) data stores;
- Experience in the cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure) and it would be good if you have worked with Spark/Hadoop;
- You are comfortable with transformation tools and workflow management systems (e.g. Airflow/Luigi);
- You are familiar with parsing structured and unstructured data and creation of ETL pipelines for data warehousing;
- You are experienced in SQL, Bash or another shell scripting, and one or several programming languages - preferably Python/Scala;
- You like clean code and ideas and are able to strike a nice balance between speed of development and documentation plus testing.
What they offer
- Year salary of €60.000 - €65.000,-
- Office in the heart of Amsterdam (next to Central Station).
- A challenging position within a globally operating, fast-growing tech company;
- Being part of an awesome young, professional and international team;
- Custom workstations/laptops;
- Internal as well as external training and conferences;
- Table tennis, FIFA 2019, Friday drinks, daily fresh fruit and great events such as a snow trip.
Does this job description bring a smile to your face? Then don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.