Are you looking for a great job in an innovative environment where technology, data and analytics are key? And are you someone who enjoys to take ownership?
Then you might be the data engineer my client in Rotterdam is looking for. Currently they are growing their DataLabs team with a senior data engineer.
Your role as Data Engineer
You will join the DataLabs team which is responsible of building and maintaining a location database of millions of point-of-sales across Europe. The platform provides customers with innovative tools that challenge the status quo in data-driven sales and marketing.
As the sole data engineer in the company, you will be building and maintaining the data systems solving data-processing bottlenecks and data-handling problems that arise from the high volume and variety of data. Next to that you will work with the product owner and development team on the data roadmap and participate in release planning and scrum planning meetings.
This company is a strong partner for food companies/brands that engage actively with consumers and professionals. They gather and maintain data of out-of-home locations (restaurants, bars, etc.) and deliver the most interesting locations for brands to grow. Currently they work for 80 food and drink brands.
This is factbased sales and marketing driven by big data technology, intelligent algorithms and great tooling. With their iOS app Salesmapp and SaaS marketing platform, they provide their customers with innovative tools that challenge the status quo in data-driven sales and marketing.
- Bachelor and/or Master’s degree (computer science is a pre)
- Python knowledge
- Strong analytical, innovative view combined with a pragmatic attitude
- Proactive attitude, leading by example and courage to stand out
- Good communication skills in English (both written and verbal)
- Hand on experience with AWS services is a pre
What they offer
- Year salary of €60.000 - €70.000,-
- New office in the vibrant centre of Rotterdam, 1 minute from Blaak train/metro station
- Lots of technical freedom
- Working in the dynamic food & drink domain (out-of-home)
- A team of professionals with a huge dose of humour and fun
- Office presence and homework can be combined
- Training, seminars & meet-ups for professional development
Does this job description bring a smile to your face? Then don’t hesitate to contact me for more information.