The DNA of this company is (clean) energy and data science. They are a start-up company from Amsterdam helping energy companies to make the energy transition towards a cleaner energy future more affordable. Currently they are looking to hire a Senior Machine Learning Engineer.
Always wanted to work for a start-up? Then keep on reading!
Your role as Senior Machine Learning Engineer:
Your focus will be on designing and implementing ML algorithms, such as time series forecasting, short-term weather forecasting and asset optimization. You should be able to build robust, automatic and scalable products to forecast short-term electricity prices, sustainable energy production and electricity consumption. Next to testing and building models you will build API connections and create workflows in Airflow. This can change from week to week as they build what needs to be built, based on your and their insights and based on what the customer needs.
The company is a clean-tech start-up from Amsterdam. Their goal: Create great software and algorithms that accelerate the energy transition. They do that by using machine learning and cloud technology to provide data services to energy companies. The company is small and agile and they aim for scalable products.
- MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience;
- At least three years of experience in a Machine Learning role;
- You are motivated to contribute to our mission and are keen to hear more about it;
- You are excited about working with big time-series datasets;
- Python is our tool of choice. To be more precise: we work on GCP with Python, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Pandas, Bokeh, Scikit, Kubernetes, Docker, Airflow, SQL and NoSQL databases. Having experience in software engineering and productionizing data products is required;
- Domain knowledge in energy is a plus.
What they offer
- Work in a clean-tech scale-up that has an impact on the environment;
- Year salary of €70.000 - €75.000,-;
- Build a cool company in a highly motivated and entrepreneurial team;
- Low hierarchy and quick decision making;
- Open culture where learning quickly is key;
- The most modern stack (all our microservices run natively on managed kubernetes), epic CI/CD (all repos have automated testing and deployment set up), all code has documentation, and more best practices.
Does this job description bring a smile to your face? Then don’t hesitate to contact me for more information.