I am looking for a Business Intelligence Specialist for an international company based in the centre of Rotterdam.
This company is a specialty distributor providing innovative solutions for their customer’s success. The BI team is regarded as the data distributor to provide innovative solutions to internal stakeholders.
The BI specialist enables stakeholders to measure their performance and provides them with clear dashboards and reports. Asking the right questions, challenging and educating business owners to have a data driven approach and act upon data insights is part of key responsibilities of the role.
In order to achieve this, the team is also responsible for collecting and integrating data, ensuring data sanity and data complete availability. It assists with data integration related projects when necessary and implements technologies and tools when needed to create a complete dataset in order to achieve their business goals.
The BI / data analyst will be part of this BI team and help them create high impact analysis and support the business to drive future growth.
- Align with business stakeholders reporting, management information and related requirements;
- Support and advise the Manager BI;
- Contribute to annual IT business plan and initiatives described herein;
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining and data cleansing.
Reporting, Data management and Analyses:
- Designing and empowering the master data management process;
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata and align with IT colleagues data and related processes;
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization;
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new or further development of current systems;
- Participating in projects;
- Developing dashboards, analysis and other tools;
- Evaluating changes and updates to production systems.
Support / training:
- Training and supporting end users on new reports, dashboards and other capabilities when they become available for them.
The ideal candidate?
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in computer science or equivalent;
- Knowledge of and or demonstrated experience as a BI / data analyst with order to sales, procure to pay and equivalent processes in a commercial and (preferably) international environment;
- Ability to work with stakeholders to discuss opportunities as well as to assess potential risks;
- Ability to analyze existing tools and preferably experiences with SQL databases and provide software solution recommendations;
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms;
- Understanding and addressing of metadata standards.
- Proficient in Dutch and English: both written and verbal
Please apply for this vacancy by sending your CV and a short motivational letter to Paul Wilkens (email@example.com).