Are you a born leader? Then maybe I'm looking for you! For one of our clients I'm searching for a Lead Data Engineer.
Are you already experienced in achieving the best results, and do you know what it takes to get there? This might be an option you would like to consider.
Your task is to lead the data engineering chapter. You'll guide the development of the data platform and data warehouse. The main goal is to make the data understandable and accessible for the organization. You'll be thinking about data issues concerning animal welfare, rations, grazing, reproduction and robotic performance. The data directly influences development and operations of the robots and the way business is ran on the farm.
You will lead the data engineering chapter and give direction on the capability development. Next to that, you will be part of the growing Competence Center Data & AI, with other Data Engineers, Data scientist and Data Analyst. You will oversee the data pipelines, data warehouse and help defining the data roadmap for the company. In this position you will work closely with the high end partners in Prague and Istanbul in order to continuously develop skills and knowledge for yourself and the team.
Technologies they use:
- Microsoft Azure - for building cloud native solutions (Azure Storage, SQL, Kubernetes, Event Hub / Service Bus);
- .Net Core C# language - both Windows and Linux compatible;
- Azure Key Vault, Azure Service Token Provider;
- Azure Dev Ops - for building CI/CD pipelines.
What do you bring?
- > 5 years in data engineering;
- You have the capability to structure data from active data systems, are available in real time;
- Making scalable and maintainable applications & understandable frameworks;
- Distributed systems: cloud computing, cluster computing;
- .NET C# (required), Scala / Java / Python (optional). In the cloud, we use C# for Data Engineering and Python for Data Analyses and Data Science;
- In-depth knowledge of data APIs for specific cloud provider (preferable Azure);
- Able to switch between long term strategic thinking and short term result focus;
- Good communication skills;
- Excellent coaching skills.
What can you expect?
- A job in an international and sustainable environment;
- Work at one of the most innovative organisations in the Netherlands;
- Plenty of flexibility and freedom to organise your work;
- Excellent working conditions;
- A challenging role.