The mission of my client: to become the safest and most reliable financial organization in the Netherlands. Do you want to make a real difference and have a significant impact on the success of this mission? Then the below vacancy of (senior) data engineer might be something for you.
What will you do?
As data engineer you will design, develop, implement and manage data solutions on the new Azure cloud platform in line with the (future) needs of the customer / user. The tasks of your team are broad: developing and maintaining architectures, securely loading & storing data, designing & maintaining a data lake and DWH for our business analysts, and building data products in close collaboration with our data science team.
The data and data products are used enterprise wide - on operational, tactical and strategic level – for decision making, reporting, predicting, and process mining and -optimization. Therefore the data environment supports many disciplines within the company: analysts, data scientists, product/business owners, operations and data officers.
As a data engineer you have a passion for working with data. You have an eye for technology, but you are also a discussion partner for those who depend on data.
What do you bring?
- Master’s/PhD degree in computer science, or a related field.
- Affinity with cloud technologies, we are using Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of data lake/warehouse patterns and methodologies.
- Experience with NoSql databases, for example Redis, Cassandra, MongoDB, Influx DB.
- Experience with distributed computing technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka.
- Knowledge of container-based architectures / micro-services.
- Experience with Power BI integration in Azure stack including user support.
- Excellent programming and software engineering skills (e.g. Python and/or Scala)
What do they offer?
They offer you the freedom to work flexible, get the best out of yourself, and develop your skills. My client wants to be a good employer for their employees:
- Good basic salary (€70.000,-);
- Flexible working hours, there are ample;
- Broad development opportunities;
- Excellent secondary benefits: very good pension, travel allowance, holiday allowance and a 13th month.
Does this job description bring a smile to your face? Then don’t hesitate to contact me for more information.