This Amsterdam based company has a simple ambition – to be the leading data focused technology consulting business in Europe. They help clients to harness their data and use it to understand, model and predict business performance - delivering improved engagement, efficiency and profitability. They have an enviable client base with established long-term client relationships across multiple industry sectors.
Their focus on innovation in cloud-based solutions, data science and top talent has resulted in revenue growth averaging 50% a year. With ambitious plans to be doubled by 2022.
The success means that they have opened a new office in Amsterdam to be our European Headquarters. For the Amsterdam office they are looking for three senior data scientist.
You’re role as a senior data scientist
The company’s vision is to design innovative solutions that transform the way people use data and that set new precedents within the industry. As a data scientist, you will be involved into development of real-life predictive solutions working along with clients to resolve their advanced analytics requirements using machine learning and advanced statistical methods. As a senior consultant, you will analyse and scope requirements, propose and design the solution for your clients across sectors such as (but not limited to) retail, travel and transport, financial services and industry. You will also lead the internal and external knowledge community on one or more data science areas of focus.
What will make you successful
You share the drive to set standards and deliver top notch solutions. You understand data and the opportunity for clients to gain advantage from it. You are an ambitious data scientist driven by innovation and teamworking, with hand-on experience in machine and deep learning, statistical modelling and software development, and great (technical) leadership skills.
In short you have:
- An advanced degree (master's/PhD) in machine learning, computer science, physics, applied mathematics or statistics or equivalent industrial experience.
- Commercial and academic experience in developing ML & AI solutions using R or Python.
- Experience with distributed machine learning (RHadoop, Spark MLlib, etc) and big data stack tools (Spark, Hadoop, Storm, Hive & Pig) is a plus.
- A good view of the data pipeline: platform, ingestion, modelling, productionizing.
- Hands-on experience in developing query structures with SQL and/or NoSQL query languages.
- Strong business analysis skills and a proven consultative approach: a collaborative working style and the capacity to communicate effectively with all audiences.
- The capability to establish trust-based relationships with both your peers and clients.
What do they offer?
- A multicultural and diverse environment.
- An attractive salary ranging from €65.000 - €85.000.
- On-target benefits and holiday package.
- A strong training and development plan.
- Accelerated career path and leadership program for outstanding performers.
- A place where you can learn, growth and become the best version of yourself.