Energy is traded on markets, similarly to the way stocks are. Except that it's a trade of physical products. Supply and demand must be balanced at all times. A power shortage creates problems. We trade – within and across borders – to deliver power where it is most needed.
The key to success of a winning trade can be found in the fluid processing of the latest relevant data. As Data Architect your first focus will be designing, building and operating our database systems and setting up a new DWH. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture as well as optimizing the data flow and data collection. The design, architecture and configuration needs to meet the high performance requirements of the business.
You will work closely with the data analysts to translate questions from the traders into visualization tools. Together with the software engineers you’ll streamline data flows and develop trading algorithms that beat the markets.
As Data Engineer you have extensive experience in SQL and database architectures. You have experience with Java and are familiar with JSON/REST API’s. Knowledge of big data and cloud solutions as well as visualization possibilities is nice to have as it will enable you in building a data architecture foundation that is ready for the future.
What we ask
- An analytical, quantitative or IT degree at BSc or MSc level;
- 10+ years of work experience in a commercial environment;
- Team lead experience;
- Strong analytic SQL skills;
- Knowledge of Database architectures;
- Good social and communication skills;
- Natural drive to deliver solutions.
Good to have
- Experience with big data solutions;
- Knowledge of cloud solutions;
- Common with data visualization tools;
- Flexible work mentality;
- Familiar with Oracle, JSON/REST API and/or Python etc.
- Competitive compensation package;
- Annual company performance-based bonuses;
- A non-hierarchical workplace;
- Young and highly motivated teammates;
- High responsibility;
- An office that’s fun to work at.