Do you want to work for a global science-based company in nutrition, health and sustainable living? And are you a machine learning expert who knows how to explain statistics and algorithms to colleagues with a different professional background? Then keep on reading, because you might be the data scientist that I’m looking for.
Your role as Data Scientist
As data scientist you will play a scientific role in data science projects and contribute to these projects by defining the integrated scientific work plan, searching the right scientific input, identifying (potential) bottlenecks and reporting the results. You will work in a dynamic research environment with a close contact to the business and at the interface between R&D and the Business. You will solve both short and long-term problems, using innovative approaches for translating data into insights and use various data science capabilities.
Next to that, you will communicate the ideas and solutions in the field of data science and operations research to a broad community with different professional backgrounds. Together with other competences and expert teams you will work on solving existing industrial questions and anticipate future challenges to come.
The company is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. They drive economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. The company delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. They deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees.
What they need from you
- You have a master's or PhD degree in Engineering Sciences, Computer Science, Data Science, Data Analytics, Statistics or in a comparable field with a strong quantitative focus;
- 5+ years of relevant work experience;
- You gained experience in multiple projects using different data science techniques on relational databases, graph databases and structured and unstructured data sets, using Machine Learning (must) and other methods and algorithms;
- You are experienced in using Matlab, the programming language R or Python;
- You can manage interdisciplinary projects, including good stakeholder management;
- You can work in close collaboration with other professionals from different fields and in other departments and businesses;
- You bring agility, creativity, and entrepreneurial thinking into the team while feeling comfortable in a dynamic, interdisciplinary and challenging environment.
What they offer
The company offers an attractive package and plenty of opportunity for personal development:
- A year salary of €65.000 - €78.000,- based on 40 hours;
- Bonus of 5-12%;
- 25 holiday days;
- A flexible budget of 6% that you can use for extra holiday days (up to 13 days), a company bike, training courses or extra salary;
- Great pension plan.
Does this job description bring a smile to your face? Then don’t hesitate to contact me for more information.