Do you want to work for a company that has a desire to innovate the financial world by creating robust solutions in the areas of investment and risk management? And are you not afraid to try out technologies that are unfamiliar to you? Then keep on reading, because you might be the data engineer that I’m looking for.
Your role as Data Engineer
You will join a 6 people-strong Data Engineering team which is spread across three locations: Rotterdam, London and Malaga. The team helps development and maintenance of the Data Lake and ETL jobs to make Cardano’s processes in trading, portfolio construction, portfolio management and operations robust, scalable and efficient. And also to support self-service initiatives within the business.
The team makes sure all business critical data is stored in the data lake, is easily accessible, and is always available on time. The data is used for reporting, analytics and other processes.
We believe in picking the best tool for the job. Our stack, as listed above, consists of a variety of technologies that can best solve a specific problem. You have a voice in using, reducing or expanding that stack.
The company was founded in 2000 to help pension plans achieve their financial objectives in a steady, predictable way by applying robust investment and risk management techniques. They currently employ more than 350 people based in the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
The company hedges over 120bn euro of market risk for 50 pension funds, has 450bn euro under advice and manages 30bn euro of pension fund assets.
What they need from you
- They value the curiosity and intrinsic desire to investigate and understand a problem and trying out technologies one is unfamiliar with;
- You have strong communicative skills and understand that working in a team across multiple locations has a significant social component, both in interacting daily within your team and with business stakeholders;
- You see technology as a means, not as an end. They value a certain level of pragmatism and balance: not too many different technologies as this is hard to maintain, but not reinventing the wheel every single time;
- You know what good architecture and good code are and always strive for it;
- Good knowledge of Hadoop/Hive/NiFi and or SQL and or Python is desirable;
- You have at least a bachelor's degree and preferably a master's degree of financial or technical nature.
What they offer
The company offers an attractive package and plenty of opportunity for personal development. Next to salary and profit sharing, they offer a 13th Month, 1st class national railway card (if applicable), company fitness, free lunch, friday drinks, WIA insurance. They will provide you with the necessary course materials, courses and in-house training wherever needed
They believe that helping you develop your career is in the best interest of the firm, so they are more than willing to provide you with the framework to do so.
Does this job description bring a smile to your face? Then don’t hesitate to contact me for more information.