Do you envision yourself taking upon a leading role at our clients in realizing their ambitions to become a data-driven organisation? Do you enjoy being the IT specialist that makes sure that your colleagues and clients benefit from insights brought by you? Perhaps this might be the job for you.
You will be employed at Visser & Van Baars via an Employer Contract Model. We will deploy you, as an expert or consultant, on projects of our clients. Each individual project is challenging in its own way. Your personal development will be quite steep. You will mainly face large user environment at the top 50 companies in the Netherlands. You’ll get a glimpse of every single company you work for and built your network accordingly.
You will be deployed as an expert in the data engineering domain at one of our clients. You will analyze the business case together with the client. You will translate your analysis into practical and implementable solutions. E.g. you start the project by analyzing the current situation. After successfully having done this, you analyze where the company would like to move towards and which steps have to be taken in order to reach the objective. This is where you show your real expertise. You could be deployed at a project where you will be co-responsible for further development of the data warehouse, support colleagues and show them the way to go in the data structure and prepare the right sets of data in different data marts and landscapes. You face no problems with facilitating the right connections to extract external data sources, secure the data and to make the data available for a multitude of business purposes. You implement and present your results to the client and all relevant stakeholders.
What do you need as a Data Engineer?
You dive straight into hands-on projects with a smile on your face. You’re a good programmer and can develop complex modules. In addition, you can translate and present these concepts into understandable stories that stakeholders, with less technological affinity than you, can comprehend. You have a proven track record within the domain of data science or engineering. In addition, you bring:
- Higher education or equivalent with a focus on econometrics, business analytics, applied mathematics, computer science, artificial intelligence, etc.;
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience;
- Experience in: MySQL, SPSS, Microsoft Azure and an interest in techniques as Scala, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, MongoDB, etc.;
- Good communication skills;
- Experience in the deployment and automatization of data-driven solutions within operational processes is a benefit.
What we offer
- The best primary and secondary employer benefits;
- 26 vacation days (based on 40 hours);
- Challenging projects at big companies;
- An HR field manager who works closely together with you on a personal development plan;
- We always make sure that your knowledge is up-to-date with our extensive educational offering via our online learning and development platform;
- Fun knowledge sessions with relevant keynote speakers in your domain.