Do you want to be part of a young, growing company where your input is taken seriously? And be responsible for building and maintaining data systems and design new systems? Then the role of data engineer might be something for you!
Your role as Data Engineer
As a Data Engineer, you are dedicated to building and maintaining data systems for overcoming data-processing bottlenecks and data-handling problems that arise due to the high volume and variety of our data. You will help design systems for, and solve problems with, handling and manipulating big datasets. You know how to build big data solutions which are coherent, modular, and scalable data processing platforms from which data scientists can subsequently derive insights.
You have experience working with and designing real-time processing frameworks and massively parallel processing (MPP) platforms, as well as RDBMSs. You know how to deploy EMR clusters with Spark to handle, process, and refine big data into more manageable sized datasets.
This company is a strong partner for food companies/brands that engage actively with consumers and professionals. They gather and maintain data of out-of-home locations (restaurants, bars, etc.) and deliver the most interesting locations for brands to grow. Currently they work for 80 food and drink brands.
With their iOS app Salesmapp and SaaS marketing platform they provide customers with innovative tools that challenge the status quo in data driven sales and marketing. This is fact based sales and marketing driven by big data technology, intelligent algorithms and great tooling.
What do you need to bring?
- Bachelor's and/or master’s degree (computer science is a pre);
- 3+ years of experience with Java;
- Python and Scala knowledge is a pre;
- Strong analytical, innovative view combined with a pragmatic attitude;
- You have demonstrable experience with AWS like EC2, RDS, Aurora and Lambdas;
- Knowledge of Docker is a pre;
- A great sense of humor! Because we have it too!
What do they offer?
- New office in the vibrant centre of Rotterdam, 1 minute from Blaak train/metro station;
- Lots of technical freedom;
- Interesting salary depending on your experience (range €60.000 - €80.000);
- Office presence and working at home can be combined;
- Training, seminars & meet-ups for professional development;
Does this job description bring a smile to your face? Then don’t hesitate to contact me for more information.