Do you want to work for a leading international media company? And work on world-class analytic solutions? Then the below role of data scientist might be an interesting opportunity for you.
Your role as Data Scientist
As data scientist you will become part of a team that drives personalized and high-value customer, advertiser and learning experiences. This team builds world-class analytic solutions using customer data for current and new businesses and products.
You’re responsible for providing analytical solutions to business goals and collaboratively solving business decisions through data. You will leverage advanced analytical methods and machine-learning techniques to increase consumer and advertiser sales in digital media.
You will work closely with the in-house engineering team (3fte) that focuses on the optimization and maintenance of the AWS platform. For this specific role a computer science background/ affinity with data engineering is preferred as you will be working with Cassandra as a back-end database and algorithm execution in real-time through web APIs.
Some of your future projects:
The online network holds a diverse portfolio of brands opening up many opportunities in creating data-driven products. Some examples are:
• Personalised push notifications for news websites
• Editorial services: e.g. automated tagging of text articles
• Recommender systems (live on numerous sites in the company’s network)
• Providing ad targeting segments for B2B clients through user profiling/ predictive modelling
• Optimize audience & message of email/telemarketing/online bannering campaigns for magazine subscription business
What do you need to bring?
- Master’s/PhD degree in computer science, physics, operations research, applied mathematics, econometrics, or a related field
- Affinity with data engineering. Experience with AWS cloud technologies, Cassandra, Redis, InfluxDB, web APIs is a big plus
- Experience with or strong willingness to learn data science and programming: Spark, Scala, R, Python and various data wrangling tools and methods
- Experience in advanced analytics and modeling techniques such as regression, clustering, classification, natural language processing, time series methods is a pre
- Good data visualization skills, familiarity with Grafana is a pre
- Team player with good communications skills
What do they offer?
- Salary range between €3390,- and €5780,- based on 40 hours;
- Darts, table football, table tennis or a short walk during the break or after work;
- Internal and external training opportunities;
- Easily accessible workplace next to the NS Station and possibilities to park;
- A pleasant informal workplace with young enthusiastic colleagues;
Does this job description bring a smile to your face? Then don’t hesitate to contact me for more information.