You will be employed at Visser & van Baars via an Employer Contract Model. We will deploy you, as an expert or consultant, on projects of our clients. You will analyse the business case with the client and direct colleagues. You translate your findings into practical and implementable data-driven solutions. E.g. you can develop a predictive model which allows the client to better segment its customers, personalise its offering, identify sales leads more accurately and much more. You will start by identifying and analyzing the current situation. You will communicate with all stakeholders, after successfully having done this, where the client would like to grow into and draft the required steps that have to be taken. This is where the real work starts and where you show your expertise. You will use your data science toolbox to collect, enrich and use the right data to, for example, optimize some machine learning models. You will have to implement and present the results to all relevant stakeholders.
What do you need as a data scientist?
You dive straight into hands-on projects with a smile on your face. You’re a good programmer and can develop complex modules. In addition, you can translate and present these concepts into understandable stories that stakeholders, with less technological affinity, can comprehend. You have a proven track record within the domain of data science or engineering. In addition, you bring:
- Higher education or equivalent with a focus on econometrics, business analytics, applied mathematics, computer science, artificial intelligence etc.;
- 3 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience with programming in Python and/or R;
- Good communication skills;
- Knowledge or experience within applying machine learning or AI solutions.
What we offer
- The best primary and secondary employer benefits;
- 26 vacation days (based on 40 hours);
- Challenging projects at big companies;
- An HR field manager that works closely with you on a personal development plan;
- We always make sure that your knowledge is up-to-date with our extensive educational offering via our online learning and development platform;
- Fun knowledge sessions with relevant keynote speakers in your domain.