The Global BI Analyst plays a key role in enhancing the organization’s ability to gain key business insights and optimize business decisions. He or she will gather requirements and develop relevant reports, dashboards, scorecards, and other data visualizations in order to assist Business Units in obtaining insights and promote self-service analytics. The Analyst ensures that designed reports and data visualizations cover business needs and are practical in use.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Act as the primary contact and sparring partner for Power BI, Tableau, Qliksense towards digital leads of the business units around the world, advise and support them in the area Power BI, Tableau, Qliksense and data visualization.
- Provide professional expertise and advice to relevant stakeholders regarding Power BI and data visualization.
- Involve and engage business stakeholders to uncover underlying business needs to be addressed.
- Work in multidisciplinary project teams with analysts, data scientists, data engineers and domain experts to deliver project results.
- Translate business needs into requirements.
- Ensure that the documentation of the requirements is in a layout and format that can be easily shared with and understood by both business and IT stakeholders.
- Analyse and define tasks, data flows, and dependencies.
- Design, develop and maintain relevant reports, dashboards, scorecards, and data visualizations.
- Identify and communicate design and scope issues with stakeholders.
- Make sure that the requirements map to the business need being addressed, are approved by all the appropriate stakeholders and meet with relevant quality standards.
- Stay informed on the (Power BI) roadmap and identify which developments could cover current and/ or future business needs.
- Inform Business Units and team on roadmap developments.
As such we would like you to:
- Master’s or bachelor's degree in a relevant area and 4 – 7 years of working experience;
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing dashboards using Power BI, Tableau or Qliksense for various organizational metrics and indicators using best practices and industry standards;
- 3+ years of experience working with Business Intelligence, Analytics or Data Warehousing technologies;
- Experience with masterdata management and data standardisation;
- Experience in documenting and developing user requirements through Epics and User Stories;
- Experience working in an Agile delivery model;
- Knowledge of and/or experience with privacy and compliancy regulations is a plus;
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Occasional international travel required;
- Experience with advanced analytics and / or data science is pre;
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary with a good bonus structure;
- An opportunity to join a growing team where you truly get the opportunity to work in a broad range and make an impact on the projects you will be involved in;
- An office located right next to the Hoofddorp station with great facilities and an open work plan.