Are you an Enterprise Data Architect in the area of Amsterdam? Then we're looking for you!
One of our brand new clients is starting their business in Amsterdam and has an IT greenfield. In this position you are responsible for defining and managing the enterprise wide data architecture and associated applications. The role works across IT and business to ensure a cohesive, integrated strategy for management of the company’s data assets. In this role you are responsible for the development and maintenance of all data assets for the company including any operational databases, data warehouse, business intelligence, analytics and management reporting platforms. The Enterprise Data Architect also defines the strategy and architecture for data aggregation and integration platforms.
• Define enterprise wide data strategy, principles, vision and standards;
• Work with Business and IT leaders to define strategic and tactical data
requirements of the organisation to fulfill business needs;
• Own and maintain all enterprise data models including data hub, data warehouse
and operational data marts;
• Lead efforts to develop and maintain the Enterprise Data Hub and integration
capabilities and strive for continuous improvement in its operations;
• Lead efforts to develop, model and maintain the Enterprise Data Warehouse and
• Facilitate and document reference and master Data requirements;
• Provide guidance on Data Quality with respect to accuracy, currency and usage;
• Facilitate the deployment of a Data Governance framework for the company;
• Review and provide guidance related to Data Security, Retention and Archival;
• You must be able to understand and communicate the data requirements of any future infrastructure needs, working with other IT architects (in-house, partners and
vendors) to develop an approach that fits the current and planned needs of the
• Provide leadership and guidance on all aspects related to data during an
implementation project including, but not limited to, Requirements Analysis and
design, configuration, development, conversions, system testing, cut over and
• Provide leadership, guidance and coordinate development with in-house
Database Leads and/or off-shore partners.
Skills, education and experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- At least 5 years’ experience designing data models on relational databases and data warehouses using star schemas in a lead data architect role;
- At least 5 years hands-on development experience and expertise with Microsoft SQL, SSIS packages and related ETL technologies;
- At least 3 years’ experience developing Data warehouses and Business Intelligence reporting/analytics applications;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work within a team environment;
- Experience with complex enterprise data models and background in commercial real estate of financial applications is a strong plus;
- Experience with Microsoft Azure based database technologies is a strong plus;
- Prior work experience in Commercial Real Estate is a strong plus;
- Proactive and Self-starter;
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail;
- Presentation and documentation skills.
If you think you're the perfect candidate, please let us know! If you doubt about it, you can give us a call as well.