Database AdministratorSee all jobs
The database administrator is responsible for structuring, storing and making data accessible using database software. A few of the tasks of a database administrator are:
- Database design
- Implementation of database software
- Data migration
- Database security
- Database backup and possible recovery
A database administrator often brings a wide range of skills:
- Theoretical knowledge of databases
- Designing databases
- Knowledge of the database management systems themselves, such as for example Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, MySQL, IBM DB2, etc.
- Knowledge of distributed computing, such as the client-server model
Database administrators have generally completed an IT or business administration study. This is supplemented with specialist certificates while gaining work experience.
Looking for a challenging database administrator vacancy? View our overview and apply directly!
Rotterdam, the port city of the Netherlands that is accessible to the entire world. Do you want to work in the bustling and innovative city of Rotterdam? Visser & Van Baars is happy to help you with our BI vacancies. Working in a fast-growing economic city is conducive for your career. Take a look at all our BI jobs and maybe you will work in beautiful Rotterdam soon!