Database AdministratorSee all jobs
The database administrator is responsible for structuring, storing and making data accessible using database software. A few of the tasks of a database administrator are:
- Database design
- Implementation of database software
- Data migration
- Database security
- Database backup and possible recovery
A database administrator often brings a wide range of skills:
- Theoretical knowledge of databases
- Designing databases
- Knowledge of the database management systems themselves, such as for example Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, MySQL, IBM DB2, etc.
- Knowledge of distributed computing, such as the client-server model
Database administrators have generally completed an IT or business administration study. This is supplemented with specialist certificates while gaining work experience.
Looking for a challenging database administrator vacancy? View our overview and apply directly!
With its 155,000 inhabitants, Apeldoorn, known for the Julianatoren and Apenheul, is the beating heart of the Veluwe and the second largest city in Gelderland. Many companies are located in Apeldoorn, fortunately there is also a lot of green and nature in the city. In short a perfect city to work as a BI professional. Looking for your BI dream job? Then view our extensive BI vacancy overview.