Data EngineerSee all jobs
As a data engineer you are engaged in designing, inventing and developing technical solutions that make it possible to collect, store and subsequently analyze data. This data comes from internal and external offline and online sources and is used, for example, to map out strategies and make policy choices.
There are different types of data:
- Transaction data
- Sensory data
- Data from CRM systems
- GPS data
- Data from social media
- Creating real-time reports / dashboards
- Combining internal and external sources
- Implementing machine learning models
- Developing streaming and batch processes to collect data
- Contributing to data landscape and cloud solutions and micro services such as AWS
- Manage and optimize data flows and data warehouse
- Designing infrastructure for big data lakes (storage of unstructured data flows)
- Maintaining and optimizing the (cloud) infrastructure
A data engineer has knowledge of and experience with one or more of the following systems, tools and techniques:
- Data processing processes: SQL (Structured Query Language) and ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)
- Cloud computing: AWS and Azure
- Programming languages: Python, Scala, Java, R
- Data systems: Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra
Looking for a challenging data engineer position? Visser & Van Baars is happy to assist you in finding a suitable data engineer position!
Assen is one of the youngest cities in the Netherlands. With its 139 national monuments, pleasant center and excellent employment, Assen is the fastest growing city in the Northern Netherlands. Find your BI dream job and come work in Assen and contribute to the rapid growth!